9/1/23

Stacey's Mistake (GN#14)

 Publication Date: 2023

Ghostwriter? No, the text copyright is for Ann M. Martin.

Illustrator: Ellen Crenshaw, with color by Braden Lamb and Hank Jones

Synopsis:

The plot is, as expected, pretty much like the non-graphic version, although here the need for sitters is because of a fundraiser for a community theater rather than a meeting of the residents of Stacey's apartment building, and Mallory and Jessi are able to visit as well.



Established or continued in this book:

The Girls (and Logan):

Claudia candy: none mentioned




Reuniting in New York City


Their Families: 

Tigger!



The Club (and clients): 

When Stacey takes the club around to meet the families they'll be sitting, I was surprised to see Stacey call the first mother by her first name. I do NOT like being called Mrs. LastName, and encourage everyone regardless of age to just call me by my first name. I know that the BSC books were written a little while ago when it was more common for children to default to Mr. and Mrs. LastName for adults, so I figured this was an update. Then I realized that Stacey was greeting the nanny, not the mother--so she calls The Help by their first names, but not other adults...?



SMS: nothing new



PSA Time: nothing stood out



Misc:

Martin dedicates this book to her new godson, Andrew Cleveland Gordon.

Crenshaw dedicates it to "Chris and Erin, my first--and best--baby-sitters. May our fledgling film series, The Average Family, live forever in legend and infamy."

Laine


Stacey's party


The man with the long beard, tricycle, and cats in the wagon!
I remember him distinctly from the original book.

No comments: